Monday, December 8, 2008

Giving Thanks

Long time no posts so ill try to catch up. For Thanksgiving the family went down to Arizona to go to the cabin and visit grandma. I never liked the 16 hour drive because i get really car sick, and my long legs need to be stretched! Sophie went with us. And for the 1st time she had car sickness. No messes to clean up though. I was really tired when we started to travel because i just got done with drama districts where i placed 2nd. Finally we got to the cabin. For some reason the cabin had always been scary to me and mariams little clown prank didnt make it any better. Im fine when its daytime but at night my heart beats fast. to say the least sophie who is never allowed to sleep in my bed at home was next to me every single night. Going to vist grandma was kinda like hitting a wall. Her memory was really bad by the time she left Idaho but i didnt know how bad it got. She was empty inside. I dont know how to describe it but her eyes had nothing in them. No.... nothing.
She lost a lot of weight and hadno recation to us or sophie.It was really hard. At my last visit she told me that she was helping grandma. And she was going to come. WOW she acctully said something it was better sweet of course. It was her best day. ( and we told her if grandma comes you go with her) It was kinda amazing what was there and what wasnt. She didnt like it if people were crying. It bothered her a lot. It showed that she was slightly still there. But it was hard to see her like that.

0 comments: