Tuesday, July 29, 2008

My hero.................

So... It has taken me a while to write about the passing of Grandpa Fuller. Mostly i wanted to think about what i wanted to write. Grandpa Fuller was truly an amazing man to me. He ALWAYS stood tall and was steadfast in the Gospel. He taught me so many things and gave me many stories of inspiration. Grandpa always wanted to be a vet. He went to school but was drafted into WW II and never returned to school. Even though he didn't become a vet he gave many services to animals of his own and to friends. Some stories are pretty dang disgusting but hey it got the job done. I received his vet kit he had. there is no way i could use it today, but that old rusty, heavy, broken box is amazing to me. The one sentence i will never forget is : never give up and finish school. I was glad that i was able to make him proud when he found out i was able to do a Jr. vet internship at BAMC, and continue my goal in becoming a vet .Growing up my family had 2 places to go to during our visits to AZ : the cabin, and the ranch. My favorite by far was the ranch. Its not that i didn't like the cabin. But the ranch had horses, cows, and chickens! truth be told i just have too much of my mom in me "] .... The ranch truly did give me my passion for animals. My mom said i always had a way with animals .... even when i was 6 months old ( the horses loved me ) but i can always remember waking up to zipper ( horse ) waiting for me out side every morning to go riding, and the one morning i didn't go riding he had fun with a huge bag of flour sitting on the porch. My grandpa gave me and his family these opportunity's on the ranch because it was a" safe haven"as he would put it. That during the last days or when we were in trouble that the ranch would be a save haven for us.I always thought family didn't appreciate the ranch enough. to be truthfully honest...... the ranch is my most favorite place ever! minus the nats and bugs and its heaven! it has a simple yet divine beauty about it. I miss you grandpa! ill see you one day. Thank you so much for the opportunity's you gave me! I Love you!

Posted by Picasa

1 comments:

HRHNeenerita said...

Lizzy you have written a very touching tibute to Grandpa and I know his is very proud of you. Aunt Neener